Firmware Basic Braille
Free update service for your Basic Braille
Here you can find the improvements for your Basic Braille that we have developed as a free service for you. The improvements of the functions of your Basic Braille build on each other. For example, if your Basic Braille is still using version 4.0 from 2019, you can get all improvements up to the current version by updating to the current version.
Below is an overview of the improvements for your Basic Braille, starting with the current version:
Basic Braille Firmware 4.2 (02.02.2022)
• If the Basic Braille is simultaneously connected to two devices via USB and Bluetooth, e.g. to the PC via USB and to the smartphone via Bluetooth, the Braille display automatically switches to the channel from which data is sent to the Braille display. Switching channels only happens when a new connection is established (e.g. unlocking from smartphone) and sending Braille data or an existing connection is interrupted (e.g. locking from smartphone). It is still possible to manually switch between connections by pressing key 2 + key 5, but you will find that this is rarely necessary.
• SmartSwitching can be switched off
Automatic switching can be turned off and on in configuration mode. SmartSwitching is active by default
• Bluetooth pairing no longer needs to be confirmed on PC or smart device
• Support for Basic Braille 84 (BB9)
• Available Braille line lengths: 20 (BB2), 32 (BB3), 40 (BB4), 48 (BB5), 64 (BB6), 80 (BB8), 84 (BB9)
Basic Braille Firmware 4.0 (07.08.2019)
• First version which can be updated by firmware download
• Improved power on behavior
• Support for Basic Braille 160