Firmware Active Star
Free update service for your Active Star
Here you will find the improvements for your Active Star which we have developed as a free service for you. The improvements of the functions of your Active Star build on each other. For example, if your Active Star is still using version 2.0 from 2016, you can get all the improvements up to the current version by updating to the current version.
Below is an overview of the improvement for your Active Star, starting with the current version:
Active Star Firmware 3.2 (12.11.2020)
• Smart start-up message: get information about charging status, firmware version, active Bluetooth connections, date with day of week and time directly on power up.
• Battery charge level and when charging a charging animation appears.
• Bluetooth connections (P7, P8, P6 show up to 3 active connections)
• A typical start-up message: Active Star F3.2 b Thu.08.09.21 23:59 ?
• Context-sensitive help for the internal functions: for each menu item, the explanation of the menu item can be called up immediately.
• Complete support of special keys on external keyboard for Bluetooth connection to Windows PC
• Simplified Bluetooth pairing
• iPhone mode for optimal iPhone connection (immediate connection when switching on and reconnection from lock screen)
• Smart Switching: automatic switching between the connected devices (3 connections via Bluetooth and additionally one via USB)
• TabliApp support: with display of ATC position and text selection, OnScreen Keyboard support, display of screen reader output.
Active Star Firmware 3.1 (1.10.2020)
• The editor suggests a name when saving a new file, which is formed from the first words in the file.
• Backspace and dot 7 can be used to return to the higher level in the menu.
• Smart switching
• Editor can be exited with Alt+F4.
• Switching on and off ATC in the editor is accompanied by a beep.
• Key injection for the TabliApp
• MusikBraille suggests the file name "musik" when saving (previously "filename")
• MusikBraille asks when closing if changes should be saved
• Alarm time is 12 o'clock by default (previously 0 o'clock)
• Error in stopwatch display fixed
• Alarms can be turned off with any key, snooze on alarm with chord s
• Alarm and countdown time can be set/reset with TRM or Enter
• Countdown time is set to 3 minutes by default, by request of a tea drinker
• Display "Standby" when going into standby mode
Active Star Firmware 2.3 (14.12.2018)
• Introducing IPhone mode that affects how the inputs on a connected QWERTY keyboard are transferred to a connected Bluetooth device. When the iPhone mode is activated, the keyboard does not function as a HID device (Human Interface Device) via Bluetooth, but the entered characters are directly translated into braille patterns.
• With activated iPhone mode, you can also enter texts with VoiceOver on devices with iOS via the standard QWERTY keyboard.
• If you are using Bluetooth on a PC, the iPhone mode must be disabled. Then the keyboard, plugged into the Active Star, works like a standard Bluetooth keyboard.
Apple have solved the HID keyboard problem with the update of iOS 11.
• introduce SmartSwitching for the Active Star. Now the Active Star automatically switches to the active Bluetooth connection. If none of the 3 Bluetooth connections is active, the Active Star automatically switches to the internal note taker mode.
• switch off alarm and reminder tone by pressing any key.
• Snoozing can be activated by entering s or Chord s.
Active Star Firmware 2.1 (13.10.2017)
• Fix the crackling sound after system startup when switching between ExtAudio and internal sound
Active Star Firmware 2.0 (20.09.2016)
• Additionally, the Firmware Version 2.0 includes three options for powering devices via the Micro-USB connection of the extended compartment of the Active Star. Now you can chose from the following settings under options / internal port:
o ExtAudio, for the power supply of the Bluetooth Audio Extension
o Smartphone, for connecting and charging iPhone or Android devices
o High energy mode, for connecting for example a Mini PC
• Fixing memory storage error when transferring large files with the clipboard of the editor.
• Increased key read loop delay to fix bouncing with gold-plated contacts.
• Three Bluetooth devices in addition to one USB device can now be connected simultaneously (switch with Chord+458).
• Multi-language support implemented device-internally, language can be set via menu.
• Internal tray now supports three modes: smartphone, ExtAudio (Bluetooth audio extension) and high power devices (e.g. mini PC).
Active Star Firmware 1.3 (12.12.2014)
• Fixed a bug in the protocol parser that could cause annoying buzzing sounds to be emitted and file transfers to fail when communicating with HTCom or a screen reader.
• By default, the editor saves the position of the braille display when exiting, not the position of the cursor.
• If a Braille key is accidentally pressed in the editor in a document that is only open for reading, the current reading position is no longer lost, i.e. the Braille display does not jump back to the cursor. If, on the other hand, the document is open for editing, the behavior is unchanged, i.e. entered characters are inserted at the cursor position.
• If ATC is switched on or off in the editor, the Braille display no longer jumps to the cursor, but remains at the current reading position.
• Battery management has been improved to better guarantee that the device stays fully charged when plugged into a power outlet.
• The same applies to battery calibration.
• The output of editor text in Morse code has been introduced. This can be started in the editor with the key combination Chord+123478. Either the currently selected text or, if no text is selected, the entire document is Morse-coded. Depending on the size of the document, this process can take several hours if, for example, a complete book is morsed. Morse can be interrupted at any time with Chord+78.
• Numlock of the keyboard is always switched on.
Active Star Firmware 1.0 (01.10.2014)
• This is the initial version.